Sunday, April 26, 2015

There’s No Such Thing as Too Many Rice and Beans Recipes

Rice and beans is one of the world’s great comfort foods, and no matter where you travel, there will be some amazing local variation to enjoy. Except, Iceland. I heard it’s hard to get a great plate of rice and beans in Iceland, but pretty much anywhere else, not a problem.

To help me prove this, here is a great collection put together by my friend, Carl Hanson, from Allrecipes.com. Follow this link for “How The World Does Beans and Rice…in 24 Recipes,” and you could theoretically make a new version every day for two-weeks. Enjoy!


What's my favorite rice and beans dish? 

It changes with my mood, but this Brazilian Feijoada is hard to beat. Enjoy the video, and click here if you'd like to read the full blog post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is such a thing when you're on a low-carb diet :) All of this is heresy!

dOc said...

Dear chef John,
I am a great fan of yours for so long and should have already written you my thanks for so many wonderful dishes you taught me.
As a brazilian I can't tell you haw happy I was to see that you also like feijoada and your recipe is very good.
I didn't realize you don't have the cassava (we call it mandioca) in america. It is like a ticker flour and it is delicious. We use to toast it on butter with garlic and call it farofa. In many places (and it is my preference) we do not serve feijoada with white rice, only with farofa. You should try it. Cassava is a root and on feijoada we use it's flour, called "farinha de mandioca" (cassava flour).
Well, thanks again for all the GREAT recipes and sorry for my english, it's been a while I don't practice it.
From a great fan,
Paulo Arantes

dOc said...

Isn´t low carb diet a heresy itself?!